Carrot and Radish Slaw with Mint and Lime
Committee meeting working lunch, 5/17/12
This salad uses fresh spring radishes, and it has a refreshing, bright flavor. This makes a good side dish to pair with heavier main courses to work in some fresh vegetables.
- 1 pound carrots, shredded with a grater or matchstick slicer*
- 10 radishes, shredded with a grater or matchstick slicer**
- 1 small bunch mint, chopped to yield about 1/3 cup*
- Juice of 2 limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
Combine carrots, radishes, and mint in a bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine.
Serves 6 as a side dish.
*Carrots, radishes, and mint can all be grown here.
**Radishes are one of the first crops you can harvest from your garden in spring.