Roast Pork Sandwiches with Radishes and Yogurt Dressing
Community gardening training session dinner, 6/4/12
These sandwiches are a great way to use leftover roast pork. Or, you could use other leftover roast meat or deli meats.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or you can substitute low-fat sour cream or mayonnaise)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or you can use red or white wine vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons canola, vegetable, or olive oil (omit if using sour cream or mayonnaise)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley*
- 1 large pinch salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 rolls or buns, or other bread to make 6 sandwiches
- 1 pound roast pork or other leftover or deli meat
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced*
- 8 large leaves lettuce, washed and dried
Prepare dressing: in a small bowl, mix together yogurt, lemon juice, oil, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Assemble sandwiches: Spread the dressing on the rolls, dividing it evenly between the sandwiches. The add pork, radish slices, and lettuce to each sandwich. Serve.
Yield: 4 sandwiches.
*Radishes and parsley can be grown in your own garden.