Zucchini Ribbons with Lemon-Parsley Dressing
Committee meeting working lunch, 9/6/12
In this very simple recipe, raw zucchini becomes a simple salad with a bright, fresh dressing.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh, if possible)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted almonds or walnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
Using a slicer, matchstick shredder, or vegetable peeler, go down the zucchini lengthwise to make long, thin ribbons. Place in a bowl.
Prepare the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Pour over zucchini, add chopped parsley, and toss to combine. Top with nuts, tomatoes, and cheese (if using). Taste, and add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish.